Happy Saturday, Bloglandia!
Breathe a sigh of relief because it’s (sort of) the final video of The Undead Mr. Tenpenny Book Launch Video Extravaganza!
And the best part of this video is that is does NOT feature my goofy face. Instead, I’m showing off the paperbacks for The Cassie Black Trilogy. I begin with the really messed up original cover, then show what happens when I make an effort.
You can also see the covers below, but there is a special guest at the end of the video you’ll miss out on if you don’t watch : )
And one more note before I leave you to it…you’ll notice the card for this video says “Part 8”. If you’ve been paying attention (I know, you’re probably in a daze by now…I know I am), you’ll be wondering what happened to Part 7. That one’s coming next week on my regular posting day when I’ll be telling you how the launch went (post) and what’s next (video).
The problem was that I had planned to do the paperback show off as one of the first videos, but the ice storms delayed the delivery of the books I needed for the video so my “production schedule” was thrown off. So Part 8 is now coming before Part 7.
Alrighty, onto the paperbacks….
The Video (and Special Guest)…
Or If You Prefer to Read….
With the original cover of The Undead Mr Tenpenny, I merely took the ebook cover and slapped it on the paperback. Big mistake…it didn’t quite fit…
And the back was very blah…
So, I made an effort, did plenty of cursing at Canva, cursed some more at Pages, then finally managed to come up with a full, wrap around cover…
Now, I don’t have a copy of The Undead Mr. Tenpenny on hand, but here’s how the covers came out on Books 2 & 3…there’s still some tiny adjustments to center the text properly, but that’s a minor fix I’ll get to next week.
Oh, and those grey bars across the middle will go away. They’re just the proof copy markers that Amazon sticks on the damn things.
And the back (of The Uncanny Raven Winston). Again, minor adjustments needed, but not too shabby, eh?
And here’s how they would look on your bookshelf (you’ll have to imagine a third book in there). The video tells you the secret reason why I left so much black space at the bottom of the spines instead of pushing my name down a little farther : )
So, what do you think? Worth the cursing?
How to Get Paperbacks of The Undead Mr. Tenpenny….
Paperbacks of The Undead Mr Tenpenny are available through most major book retailers. Here’s the scoop…
For paperbacks from Amazon…
- Follow this link: https://books2read.com/CassieBlack1
- Tap the Kindle icon to go to your region’s Amazon store.
- Select the paperback option on the book’s Amazon page.
- Add the book to your cart.
Or go directly to your region’s Amazon store and enter the book’s Amazon Identifier:
(for whatever weird reason, this often gives more accurate results than searching for the book title)
For Non-Amazon Retailers
- Search or ask for the book by its title,
- Or search for the book by its non-Amazon ISBN: 978 138 697 7674
This also works if you want to ask your library to purchase the book to add to their collection. Or if you’re shopping at your local, independent book store.
I’m not sure exactly which stores the book is being distributed to, but I do know it’s currently available at Barnes & Noble
Of course, if you prefer ebooks…
- You can find The Undead Mr. Tenpenny (at a slight discount) on my Payhip Bookstore: https://payhip.com/b/w7H6
- Or, select your preferred retailer (Apple, Kobo, Amazon/Kindle, Google, etc.) from this universal book link: https://books2read.com/CassieBlack1
We’ve Nearly Made It!!!
Daily details of what’s to come (and what you’ve missed)….
- Monday – The Inspiration for The Undead Mr. Tenpenny (with video)
- Tuesday – Release Day! Links and a repost of a stellar review and another stellar review (no video, phew)
- Wednesday – Double dose of videos. 1) The secret of my character names, and 2) Why my magic system made me drool more than once
- Thursday – Oops, I forgot to tell you about the book. I do so in this post (with video).
- Friday – I had too much fun with cultural references in the book, and thought I’d share a few (with video). And a surprise blog post from Book Club Mom.
- Saturday – Paperback show off!! What not to do with paperback design, and the final result after fixing it (with video)
- Sunday – A break from my books to post about what I read in February
- Wednesday (3 March) – Finally, what’s coming up next (with video)