Hey Book Lovers,
Would you like to become a book superstar?
See, the launch day for The Undead Mr. Tenpenny: The Cassie Black Trilogy Book One is quickly approaching. Yay!
But to make that launch as strong as possible, I need reviews on the book. And that’s where you can help!!
You may think your opinion doesn’t matter, but believe me, it does…at least as far as this book is concerned. I can’t guarantee it mattering in any other aspect of your life. Sorry.
Review are vital not only to let other readers know what you think about my book, but are also a key component in scoring some powerful promo opportunities, in creating marketing materials, and in adding some pizazz to the book’s retail pages.
So, what I’m here to ask is…
Would you like to be on my review team?
Oh, and even if you have been on my review team in the past, please respond if you want to stay on the team. Due to some bad players (namely folks who never left reviews), I’m starting fresh with a new team.
- You get to be a book-reviewing superstar who will forever have my sincere gratitude
- You get a free, advanced copy of my up coming book, The Undead Mr Tenpenny. If you’re not familiar with it yet, this book is contemporary fantasy with a dash of paranormal mystery, and plenty of snarky humor.
- You’ll get a lot of pesky emails from me reminding you to read the book and review the book.
Um, that’s about it for the downsides.
What I Expect…
- I would appreciate it if you could read the book soon after you get it.
- Please cobble together a review and have it read on launch day (23 February).
- Post your review on Amazon** and/or on at least one other site such as Goodreads, Bookbub, Kobo, Apple Books, etc. Note…most places except Amazon allow you to post reviews before launch day. Copying and pasting is allowed.
- Send me a link to your review once it goes live*
* I’m kicking people off the team who don’t post reviews within a week of the launch date. Sorry, but I’ve had enough trouble in the past with freebie-seeking non-reviewers.
- If you’re reviewing on Amazon, please consider purchasing the book when it goes live (or pre-order it). Amazon is highly likely to delete your reviews if you didn’t purchase the item from them.
You’ll earn a superhero cape if you also do one or all of the following…
- Send me a copy of the review you plan to post as soon as you have it ready. This will allow me to use snippets from your review in promo graphics, on retail pages, and much much more (you’ll be famous!!).
- Tell at least one other person about the book.
- Send me notes on any typos or grammar screw-ups you find (okay, that’s super bonus points, but very much appreciated).
If You Still Want to Join….
- Please have a look at The Undead Mr Tenpenny’s page to see if this is something up your reading alley.
- If you still want to join, please contact me.
- In the email, include a link to a book review you’ve done within the past month (or a review to one of my previous books) and what genres you normally read. This lets me know you actually do read and review books.
- Please respond by 5 January 2021.
- On 7 January, if you have responded to say you want to be on the team and if I’ve used my powers to approve you to the team (mwahhahaha!), you will receive an email with a link to download the book. I hope…I’m trying out a new system, so bear with me.
- The link you’ll get is only for you and is unique for each team member. The book you download from the link is tied to your email address, so don’t try any shenanigans with it (another problem I’ve had with some bad players on my previous review team).
Okay, sorry to sound so Evil Overlord-y on this, but I really want this book to have the best possible launch it can get. YOU are a vital, crucial, pivotal part of that launch.
And hey, it’s going to be loads of fun having you on the team!
Have a great weekend!!