I swear, this next sentence is NOT fake news: I went a little bonkers a few weeks ago and came up with a baseball team’s worth of cover designs for my upcoming book, Domna. Now I need your help to decide which one will make the cut.
I have a few favorites, but I would love your thoughts on/votes for your favorite design. It should only take a couple minutes and there’s even a handy dandy survey box below if you’re shy about leaving comments.
If you’ve never helped me pick a cover before, there’s a few things to keep in mind before you scroll down to make your selection (unless you’ve already scrolled down, you eager little beaver)…
- Most Important: The cover needs to be eye-catching at a small size, so please resist the urge to enlarge them as you look them over.
- Second most important: I want the cover to convey a sense of mystery, of mythical/historical fantasy, and/or of a strong female protagonist.
- Third most important: Try not to overthink this. Look over the samples as quickly as possible then pick the cover that entices you the most.
- Important? Not so much: The e-book version will be serialized into six parts, but I plan to use the same cover design for all six parts (except as noted); the paperback will have a single cover.
Ready? Here are the nine designs to choose from…..
How to vote (Easy!!)
- Simply use the survey form below to mark the number of the design that most caught your eye (sometimes you can’t see the form in WordPress Reader or email, in that case, just visit this post at my blog to vote).
- If none of these covers appeal to you, please mark “None” so I can know to go back to the drawing board.
- Of course, any thoughts are welcome, so don’t hesitate to critique, compliment, or offer suggestions. The covers can be adjusted for brightness, saturation, color tone, so if there’s one you like but think it could use a color/tone shift just let me know.
Bonus points for the Over-Achievers Out There!!!
Once you have a favorite in mind, please scroll down a tad bit further and read my temporary description of the book’s premise. Then take some time for a little re-think and decide….
- Does this description change your opinion of which cover is your favorite?
- If so, which one do you think is better suited?
Thanks everyone!!! Your opinion really does matter, so please, please, please take a second to cast your vote.
I’ll be back next week with a little background information on the history that went into the making of Domna. And Saturday, Finn and I will be back on Inishmore hunting down ancient sites and encountering a traffic donkey.
See you then!
Domna Description (for now)
“My destiny, my goal, my ambition was to be a priestess. Instead I was forced to became a wife. Even worse, I became the wife of man with no goals, no ambition. A man who wanted destiny to fall on his lap like a nymph who indulged in too much of Dionysus’s bounty. Worse still, I was already in love with someone else.”
Set in Osteria a few generations before the start of The Trials of Hercules, Domna tells the tale of Sofia Domna, a woman who believed herself destined to become high priestess of Apollo but whose life takes a cruel turn when she’s forced to wed a man she barely knows. As Sofia’s life moves through the trials of marriage, motherhood, and yearning love, she learns that destiny isn’t given; it’s made by cunning, endurance, and, at times, bloodshed.
In the classic style of serialization, Domna is a single novel told in six parts, with the first part scheduled for release in January 2019. Each subsequent part will be released in three-week increments in ebook format. The paperback will be released in late January or early February and will contain all six parts in one volume.
To keep up to date on the release of Domna, be sure to sign up for my mailing list.