Six contestants. Only one will win.
Sorry, I went a bit Reality TV there for a moment. Even though this isn’t the debut of a godawful new program, it is a super exciting time for me (and for you, I hope). After nearly throwing the manuscript in the trash, my latest book is finally coming together. Despite many trials and tribulations, I’m at the point where publication is in sight and that means letting beta readers loose on my tome, formatting for print and electronic formats, and designing the book cover.
That final one is where you come in.
Last week, I tackled the kajillion royalty-free photos on the internet, searched for the few dozen that fit my book’s story and theme, manipulated them like mad, and squeezed them behind some title text.
The result? Six book cover mock ups. Yeah, that’s twice as many as I intended, but I kept coming up with new ideas and playing with the typeface and tweaking colors, and well, now I need your help picking one out.
Ready to Vote?
If you’re ready to put your two cents in, here’s what I need you to keep in mind as you look at the images below…
- My story is fantasy fiction, set in a future where the Greek gods have returned to play their little games. The main story line in this third book in the series is a re-imagining of the myth of Theseus battling the minotaur in the labyrinth (aka “The Maze,” the book’s title).
- I’ve made these small because i want you to see them as they would look if you were browsing Amazon (or whatever online book retailer you prefer). You can (I think) enlarge them by clicking on the image.
- Some of these are a different style than the first two books, but I am thinking of redesigning those covers, so don’t fret over that.
- These are only mock ups, not final versions. Changes can be made quite easily. The lower typeface with my name needs adjusting on most of them. Try not to focus on that too much.
- Do focus on the cover image and the title text. Don’t over-examine. Make a snap judgement of which cover grabs your eye the most readily.
- Pick your favorite in the survey box below. If you’re up to it, you can also leave a comment explaining your choice or what you do and don’t like about what you see.
Ready to play? Here are the potential covers in no particular order.
(Note: Survey boxes sometimes don’t show up in email or in WordPress Reader. You may need to go directly to this post in your browser to take the survey.)
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all your help with this!!!
By the way, if this post has piqued your curiosity about the series, be sure to save 50% off the first two books by taking advantage of my IBBSBB sale (aka The Smashwords Summer Sale) going on from now through the end of July!!
Here’s how to get your bargains….
- Go to my Smashwords Profile (or see direct book links below)
- Select one (or more, hint hint) of my books that grabs your interest
- Add the book(s) to your cart
- At checkout, enter code SSW50. This will knock the book price down by 50%.
- Complete your checkout
- Download your book
- Make cup of tea (iced or hot, depending on how the weather is behaving) and enjoy some reading time.
Handy Direct Links to Your Next Read…
- The Trials of Hercules: Book One of The Osteria Chronicles
- The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles
- 13th Hour: Tales from Light to Midnight
- Going Native: Small Steps to a Healthy Garden
- Simply Soft Cheese: Home Cheese Making Made Quick & Easy
- Easy Preserving: Simple Ways to Save Your Produce