I don’t know about where you live, but here in Portland, spring just refuses to get sprung. I know spring doesn’t technically start until the 20th, but March usually means warmer temps and sunny days. Not this year. Right now we have snow in the forecast and the thermometers refuse to budge above 40 degrees.
If, like me, this type of weather makes you want to hunker down with a book and if, like me, you don’t have a lot of money in your book-buying budget, I may have just what you need because the week-long Yay-It’s-Almost-Spring Book Sale begins tomorrow.
Okay, Smashwords actually calls it the Read an E-Book Week Sale, but a bargain’s a bargain no matter how you title it.
From 5 to 11 March, all my books will be only $1. That’s right, a mere one hundred pennies, twenty nickels, ten dimes, or four quarters will allow you to add one of my books to whatever e-book app or e-reading device/program you happen to prefer.
It’s pretty simple, but the key thing is that the deal is only available through Smashwords. Not Amazon, not Barnes & Noble, just Smashwords. I know their site looks a little low-tech, but they are totally legit. Also, when you buy an e-book through them, you can download your purchase in whatever format you need (PDF, Kindle, Epub, etc) which I think is super handy.
Here’s how to get your bargains….
- Go to my Smashwords Profile (or see direct book links below)
- Select one (or more, hint hint) of my books that grabs your interest
- Add the book(s) to your cart
- At checkout, enter code RAE75. This will knock the book price down to $1
- Complete your checkout
- Download your book
- Make cup of tea or coffee and enjoy some reading time.
Direct Links to My Books
- The Trials of Hercules: Book One of The Osteria Chronicles
- The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles
- 13th Hour: Tales from Light to Midnight
- Going Native: Small Steps to a Healthy Garden
- Simply Soft Cheese: Home Cheese Making Made Quick & Easy
- Easy Preserving: Simple Ways to Save Your Produce (note that this book is always 99 cents, no coupon code needed)
There’s oodles of other authors taking part in the sale, so if you feel like browsing for something new, next week is a great time to do so.
And a little update…
Book Three of my fantasy series is going amazingly well. For me, a second draft usually results in something nearly as horrid as the first draft, but this time things are just clicking together and the words are flowing to build up the plot line (there’s still one sticky spot, but I’ll sort that out), bring the characters to life, and fill in my settings.
This is a slow process and I’m only getting through about one chapter a day, but I think this draft is really fleshing out the skeleton of the first draft which will (hopefully) mean less work in subsequent drafts.
That’s it for now. I’ll be back next Wednesday with some new artwork to show off and an update on how the show prep is coming along.
Thanks for stopping by everyone and have a great weekend!!! How’s the weather behaving where you are? Any spring days in store for you or are you still trapped in the grips of winter?