I have so much of my own (good) news to tell you that yesterday at this time I was dithering over what to share with you first. But after the nightmare of an election last night, today is too gloomy a day to do anything but apologize for what the U.S. has done.
I truly, sincerely apologize. I’m ashamed. I’m embarrassed. I’m fighting back tears for what being ruled by this oversized Oompah Loompah will mean for how the world sees Americans and for what destruction his administration will do to the environment.
Yet again half of us are drowning in frustration that the other candidate won the popular vote, but because of our outdated election system we’ve ended up with an idiotic moron in the White House.
That’s right world, as it stands now, less than half of America actually wants this guy for president, but yet he wins. Yes, there have been disappointing elections in the past, but as Seth MacFarlane tweeted, “this time is different”. Trump is only motivated by money, has no concern for the future of anything but his pocketbook, and is misguided by hate.
I don’t know what this country is thinking. I thought we were progressing, but slightly less than half of Americans have opted for a man who….
- Was endorsed by the KKK
- Thinks climate change is a hoax.
- Vows to repeal the Paris Agreement and pretty much any other environmental policy so he and his buddies can make even more money at the expense of every other living being on the planet.
- Thinks every Muslim needs to be tracked, or kicked out.
- Wants to repeal a woman’s right to choose and wants to stop funding for Planned Parenthood.
- Still has not released his tax records
- Has not paid taxes in years. For you hillbillies who think this makes him great, just remember YOU’RE the ones who get taxed more heavily when the rich won’t pay.
- Thinks investing in solar panels is “a disaster” and wants to dismantle the EPA.
- Believes “green energy is just an expensive feel-good for tree-huggers” rather than the viable, necessary, and profitable industry that other countries are proving it to be.
- Believes there should be no limits on gun ownership because “they save lives.”
I know I don’t usually get political on here, but right now I feel it is my only voice. My vote didn’t matter because despite the candidate I voted for currently holding the majority of the popular vote, my vote hasn’t make a difference. But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to speak out against ending up with a misogynist racist as King of America.
Let’s face it, the US is a divided nation and this needs to be addressed. Every four years we see the majority of states voting along the same lines: the Northeast and the West vote Democrat while the South and much of Midwest vote Republican. A few states (“Swing states”) fluctuate, but not many. And a good chunk of the most recent elections end up very close to 50/50 in the popular vote. In other words, no one has really won, they have just managed to squeak through.
We essentially have two countries with starkly different views and beliefs and ideas of what is best for this nation; and this divide is not going to be mended when half the country opts for a moron who spouts nothing but hate.
I don’t know what the solution is. I do know Trump is not going to help mend the rift in any way. More than ever I want out of this country, but this election is sure to turn other countries against the US which means places that are willing to issue residence visas to Americans is going to dwindle even further. Even Canada doesn’t want us.
I don’t know what to do. I really don’t. The world hates America more than ever right now and I am absolutely ashamed because they have every right to think we’re idiots.
Just remember, world, more than half of us didn’t elect Trump. And we’re the half who has to apologize.
I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry. Forgive us (or at least half of us).
I don’t know if I’ll be back Saturday with a continuation of The Vacation. Right now I just feel there are bigger issues to ponder, and posting about pizzas and piazzas just feels silly. We’ll see though. In the meantime, if you know of a good country willing to accept a couple disheartened Americans, send over the visa application ASAP!!!