Okay, I usually reserve Saturday Selections to rave about the achievements of other people, places or things, but since today is the official birthday of my novel The Trials of Hercules: Book One of the Osteria Chronicles, I get to do a little of my own boasting.
Or rather, I’m going to let others do the boasting for me.
The Jaw-Dropping Reviews
When I first offered the book to early test readers several months ago, my gut was roiling in fear of what people might say. Would they think the premise stupid? Would they be offended? Would they hate my writing style? Would they read past the first chapter? I kept the Tums close at hand.
When the first reviewer posted a five-star review, I thought it was a fluke. Now, Herc is raking in an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars and I have been truly humbled by everyone’s wonderful words. Here’s just a sample of what my early readers are saying…
- “This book was a pleasant surprise! I was immediately pulled in within the first few pages.”
- “I think this book should be rated as one of the top ten books of the year. I can’t emphasize enough how good this book was and how much I enjoyed reading it.”
- “For anyone who enjoys fantasy or history this is a book for you! An outstanding book! Very well written, engaging and truly a fun and enjoyable book to read.”
- “I would gladly recommend this to anyone interested in fantasy, Greek mythology, or just a good read in general.”
- “This book has many human ideals like heroism, corruption, love, and vindictiveness. I recommend everyone to read this.”
- “This book took the 12 Labors of Hercules and rehashed them into a wonderful and detailed story.”
- “For anyone who loves Greek mythology, this is a fresh take on an old favorite…”
- “…this book kept me turning pages the whole way through like any guilty pleasure.”
About the Book
In a world where mortals must contend with the gods’ cruel jealousy. one man must ask himself if he will risk his own death to protect the goddess who has done everything to destroy his life.
Inspired by my interest in how history and myth interweave, I’ve brought the Greek gods back to life in The Trials of Hercules. In this fantasy novel, the first in a six-part series, I re-imagine the legends of Hercules in a way that adds depth, reality, and detail to these popular tales.
To read the book’s full blurb or to download the first three chapters, please head over to The Trials of Hercules page.
And to all of you who have been following me through this long process, I want to offer you a HUGE thanks for your support! Yay you!
Available online at…
The book is also available through these distributors…
- Baker & Taylor
ISBN: 978-1500168384 (print), 978-1310094972 (e-book)