Whether you searched for me on purpose or you’ve accidentally tripped your way into my world, welcome! I’m a writer and amateur artist living in the Portland area. Yes, I have a wide array of interests that I love to write about and capture on paper, canvas or wood panels.
Below you’ll find some of my latest and greatest news and reviews as well as a list of upcoming events in my world, but don’t let that keep you from exploring the rest of the site. A great place to start is by kicking back and reading my blog.
What’s Up With Tammie Painter Lately?
It’s time to gear up for the release of The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles on 16 June 2015! Each week I’ll be featuring a behind the scenes look at the myths that went into this re-imaging of the Jason and the Argonauts legend, there’ll be pre-order offers, and another Goodreads giveaway. There’s also a three-chapter sample available for those of you who just can’t wait!
That said, the first reviews of The Voyage are already in. The book is maintaining a 4.4-star (out of five) average on Goodreads and each review has brought a huge grin to my face! You can check out the reviews on Goodreads or see excerpts here. As always, if you’re a book blogger and would like to review The Voyage (or The Trials of Hercules), please contact me to be added to my list of reviewers.
And don’t forget to check out the new features on this website. Each of my books‘ pages now allows you to buy the book directly through me, which means no middleman and some excellent prices. I’ve also reorganized my art pages to show prints, greeting cards and original pieces for sale, as well as sold pieces. Yes, some of these are available on my Etsy shop WritePaintCreate, but some are exclusive to the TammiePainter.com website.
Stay in Touch and Win a Book
By filling in the form below, you’ll be among the first to learn about my new releases (books and art), receive exclusive discounts and get the scoop on upcoming giveaways. You can look forward to one or two emails a month. I pinky swear not to overwhelm you with emails and also promise to never share your info with anyone.
As an added bonus, each month I randomly select one person from my mailing list to win a free paperback copy of one of my books. Yes FREE – I’ll even pay for the shipping. May’s prize is a paperback copy of the original ARC edition of The Trials of Hercules: Book One of The Osteria Chronicles. And since last month’s winner didn’t claim her prize, TWO people will be selected for May’s drawing! (Full details below)**
Events – May 2015
- 1st – Three-chapter sample of The Voyage is now available on the book’s page.
- 6th – Pre-orders begin for The Voyage. The best offers (up to 75% off) will be given to my mailing list recipients, but there’ll also be great bargains on this website and through my blog.
- 10th – Mother’s Day in the U.S. (She might like a book or art print, hint hint)
- 15th – The start of the second Goodreads Giveaway for The Voyage.
- Wednesdays – You just never know what my Wednesday post might be…could be art, could be bees, could be non-existent.
- Thursdays – Travel Pic Thursday! One pic + a few facts = a fun weekly post showing off my travel adventures.
- Fridays – Tales from the world of writing. During May, Fridays will be dedicated to my Behind the Book feature to gear up for the launch of The Voyage!
- Saturdays – Time for my Saturday Selections posts where I give a shout out to a book, movie, restaurant, food item, or anything else that’s put a smile on my face over the past week.
- Winners will be randomly selected on the final day of each month and contacted at the email address provided. If you don’t win, you will be automatically entered into the following month’s giveaway.
- Sorry, but winners of paperback books must have a U.S. address. If you win and do not have a U.S. address you will be offered a free e-book version. In this case, a second winner will be randomly selected to receive the free paperback book.
- Your information will not be shared with anyone. Ever. Except under torture. I don’t do pain.