Whether you searched for me on purpose or you’ve accidentally tripped your way into my world, welcome! I’m a writer and amateur artist living in the Portland area. Yes, I have a wide array of interests that I love to write about and capture on canvas, but I find it’s the best way to quiet the voices in my head (they can be quite the pests). As this site takes you from fantasy fiction to garden lore and botanical art to urban landscapes, just hold on and enjoy the ride.
Below you’ll find some of my latest and greatest news and reviews as well as a list of upcoming events in my world and in the very creative realm of Portland, Oregon, but don’t let that keep you from exploring the rest of the site. A great place to start is by kicking back and reading my blog.
Stay in Touch and Win a Book
By filling in the form below, you’ll be among the first to learn about my new releases (including discounts and giveaways) and find out what’s new in my Etsy shop WritePaintCreate. I pinky swear not to overwhelm you with emails, but you can look forward to one or two a month. I also promise to never share your info with anyone.
As an added bonus, each month I random select one person from my mailing list to win a free paperback copy of one of my books. Yes FREE – I’ll even pay for the shipping. March’s prize is a paperback copy of the latest edition of my gardening guide Going Native:Small Steps to a Healthy Garden. (Full details below)**
Creative Events in Portland – March 2015
- 1st to 7th – Huge discounts on all my titles as part of the Read An Ebook Event
- 1st - SE Area ARTWalk
- 3rd – Tales from Both Sides of the Brain (Powell’s City of Books) 7:30pm
- 11th – Release of the second edition of my gardening guide Going Native: Small Steps to a Healthy Garden
- 12th to 15th – Women’s Film Festival (POWFest) at Hollywood Theater
- 14th – As a tie-in to the release of Going Native’s second edition I’ll be discussing the benefits of native plants at 2pm at Stafford Farm & Vintage (26015 SW Stafford Road, Wilsonville, 97070)
- 16th - Write Around Portland (Powell’s City of Books) 6:30pm
- 17th – St. Patrick’s Day, which means green beer for everyone.
- 17 March to 10 April – Head over to Goodreads to enter to win a copy of The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles.
- Tuesdays – The NEW FEATURE on my blog (thanks to your input) is all about gardening
- Fridays – Blog posts full of snarky writing advice, inside looks into the writer’s life, and the stories behind my books.
- Saturdays – Time for my Saturday Selections posts where I give a shout out to a book, movie, restaurant, food item, or anything else that’s put a smile on my face over the past week.
The final (I do very much hope it is the final) version of The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles, has been uploaded to the publisher and the e-book has been created. Over the next month, I’ll be starting a giveaway for the book on Goodreads and looking for reviewers. If you’re interested in reviewing the book, please contact me.
During February, I only managed to crank out 16,000 words of the first draft of The Osteria Chronicles’s third book (working title, The Maze), but I’m hoping to be nearly done with the first draft by the end of the month (we’ll see how that goes).
On 10 March, I’ll be releasing the second edition of my gardening guide, Going Native: Small Steps to a Healthy Garden. This new edition in in an affordable black and white format making it easy to fit into your gardening budget.
In addition to writing work, I completed three new botanical art pieces in February. Over the next few weeks, I’ll add these to my Etsy shop WritePaintCreate, but in the meantime, you can still shop for what’s left of my January projects. Following my blog will keep you up to date on any new releases…or you can just visit my shop over and over and over again, if that’s how you prefer to spend your time.
Reviews for The Trials of Hercules
I have been truly humbled by and amazed at the wealth of positive responses early readers have given The Trials of Hercules. Here’s a little sample…
- This book was a pleasant surprise! I was immediately pulled in within the first few pages.”
- “I think this book should be rated as one of the top ten books of the year. I can’t emphasize enough how good this book was and how much I enjoyed reading it.“
- “For anyone who enjoys fantasy or history this is a book for you! An outstanding book! Very well written, engaging and truly a fun and enjoyable book to read.”
- “It is interesting to get an inside look into the minds of the gods and realize that they may be powerful, but also more human than expected.”
- “This book has many human ideals like heroism, corruption, love, and vindictiveness. I recommend everyone to read this.”
- Winners will be randomly selected on the final day of each month and contacted at the email address provided. If you don’t win, you will be automatically entered into the following month’s giveaway.
- Sorry, but winners of paperback books must have a U.S. address. If you win and do not have a U.S. address you will be offered a free e-book version. In this case, a second winner will be randomly selected to receive the free paperback book.
- Your information will not be shared with anyone. Ever. Except under torture. I don’t do pain.