As you may have guessed from the tagline above, I’m a writer who likes to paint. Or am I a painter who likes to write? Either way, toss the occasional hand-knit cat sweater into the mix and that’s my world.
Below you’ll find some of my latest and greatest news and reviews as well as a list of upcoming events in my world and in the creative realm of Portland, Oregon, but don’t let that keep you from exploring the rest of the site. A great place to start is by kicking back and reading my blog.
Stay in Touch and Win a Book
The Write*Paint*Create Newsletter is a great way to learn all about the benefits of staying creative, to get prompts and recommendations to jump start your creative side and to be the first to hear about new releases, discounts and giveaways.
Simply fill in the form below with your email address to join my mailing list. Emails from me will be limited to no more than two a month and I will never share your information with anyone.
What’s even better than keeping in touch? Everyone who signs up in March will be entered to win a paperback copy of my gardening guide Going Native! Winners will be selected 25 March 2015, and announced in the newsletter and on this site on 27 March. (Full details below)**
- 1st to 7th – Huge discounts on all my titles as part of the Read An Ebook Event
- 1st - SE Area ARTWalk
- 3rd – Tales from Both Sides of the Brain (Powell’s City of Books) 7:30pm
- 11th – Release of the second edition of my gardening guide Going Native: Small Steps to a Healthy Garden
- 12th to 15th – Women’s Film Festival (POWFest) at Hollywood Theater
- 14th – As a tie-in to the release of Going Native’s second edition I’ll be discussing the benefits of native plants at 2pm at Stafford Farm & Vintage (26015 SW Stafford Road, Wilsonville, 97070)
- 16th - Write Around Portland (Powell’s City of Books) 6:30pm
- 17th – St. Patrick’s Day, which means green beer for everyone.
- 17th – Before you dive into that pitcher of green beer, head over to Goodreads to enter to win a copy of The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles.
- Tuesdays – The NEW FEATURE on my blog (thanks to your input) is all about gardening
- Fridays – Blog posts full of snarky writing advice, inside looks into the writer’s life, or just some random post about my bees.
- Saturdays – Time for my Saturday Selections posts where I give a shout out to a book, movie, restaurant, food item, or anything else that’s put a smile on my face over the week.
The final (I do very much hope it is the final) version of The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles, has been uploaded to the publisher and the e-book has been created. Over the next month, I’ll be starting a giveaway for the book on Goodreads and looking for reviewers. If you’re interested in reviewing the book, please contact me.
During February, I only managed to crank out 16,000 words of the first draft of The Osteria Chronicles’s third book (working title, The Maze), but I’m hoping to be nearly done with the first draft by the end of the month (we’ll see how that goes).
On 10 March, I’ll be releasing the second edition of my gardening guide, Going Native: Small Steps to a Healthy Garden. This new edition in in an affordable black and white format making it easy to fit into your gardening budget.
In addition to writing work, I completed three new botanical art pieces in February. Over the next few weeks, I’ll add these to my Etsy shop WritePaintCreate, but in the meantime, you can still shop for what’s left of my January projects. Following my blog will keep you up to date on any new releases…or you can just visit my shop over and over and over again, if that’s how you prefer to spend your time.
Reviews for The Trials of Hercules
I have been truly humbled by and amazed at the wealth of positive responses early readers have given The Trials of Hercules. Here’s a little sample…
- This book was a pleasant surprise! I was immediately pulled in within the first few pages.”
- “I think this book should be rated as one of the top ten books of the year. I can’t emphasize enough how good this book was and how much I enjoyed reading it.“
- “For anyone who enjoys fantasy or history this is a book for you! An outstanding book! Very well written, engaging and truly a fun and enjoyable book to read.”
- “It is interesting to get an inside look into the minds of the gods and realize that they may be powerful, but also more human than expected.”
- “This book has many human ideals like heroism, corruption, love, and vindictiveness. I recommend everyone to read this.”
**Going Native Giveaway Details
- Winners will be randomly selected. If you don’t win, you will be automatically entered into next month’s giveaway.
- Sorry, but winners of paperback books must have a U.S. address. If you win and do not have a U.S. address you will be offered a free e-book version. In this case, a second winner will be chosen to receive the free paperback book.
- Your information will not be shared with anyone. Ever.
- Newsletters typically come out the last Thursday of the month.