As you may have guessed from the tagline above, I’m a writer who likes to paint. Or am I a painter who likes to write? Either way, toss the occasional hand-knit cat sweater into the mix and that’s my world.
Below you’ll find some of my latest and greatest news and reviews, but don’t let that keep you from exploring the rest of the site or from kicking back and reading my blog.
Give a Book Event: December 2014
- Part One: Starting 3 December, save 15% off the retail price of all my paperback books when you shop directly through my publisher. Simply enter coupon code QFLDVJWC at checkout to receive your savings!
- Part Two: Starting 10 December, I have discounted my paperback books up to 40% off the retail price if you purchase them through my Etsy shop WritePaintCreate. No coupon needed!
- Part Three: Coming up on 17 December
In addition to all the fabulous reviews readers have given it, my debut novel The Trials of Hercules: Book One of the Osteria Chronicles was chosen as one of the top books of 2014 by book blogger Just Another Girl!
Doing a little shopping? Not only is my Etsy shop WritePaintCreate open for business, but throughout December I’ll be creating some great offers for those of you who want to give the gift of books to everyone on your list (including yourself). Announcements for my Give a Book event can be found above, or you can stay up to date by following my blog.
My short story collection 13th Hour has been given a complete makeover. While the new books look great, the old editions contain the same great stories just in a less attractive package. These original editions are now on clearance exclusively at WritePaintCreate.
Reviews for The Trials of Hercules
I have been truly humbled by and amazed at the wealth of positive responses early readers have given The Trials of Hercules. Here’s a little sample…
- This book was a pleasant surprise! I was immediately pulled in within the first few pages.”
- “I think this book should be rated as one of the top ten books of the year. I can’t emphasize enough how good this book was and how much I enjoyed reading it.“
- “For anyone who enjoys fantasy or history this is a book for you! An outstanding book! Very well written, engaging and truly a fun and enjoyable book to read.”
- “It is interesting to get an inside look into the minds of the gods and realize that they may be powerful, but also more human than expected.”
- “This book has many human ideals like heroism, corruption, love, and vindictiveness. I recommend everyone to read this.”
- Throughout December – Discounts galore on paperback and electronic versions of all my books via my Give a Book event.
- 3 December – Give a Book begins with a 15% discount!
- 10 December – Expected completion date of Draft #4 of The Voyage: Book Two of The Osteria Chronicles. This is also the start date of Give a Book Part Two!
- 15 December - Last day to order paperback books directly through me if you hope to get your package by Christmas Eve.
- 21 December – Happy Solstice! Time for my (home) office party!
- 25 December – Merry Christmas
- 31 December – Oh good, an excuse to drink bubbly wine!
- Now until they sell out - Special Collector’s Editions of The Trials of Hercules at WritePaintCreate.
- Tuesdays – Shameless self-promotion of my books and/or art on my blog.
- Fridays – Blog posts full of snarky writing advice.
- Saturdays – Time for my Saturday Selections posts where I give a shout out to a book, movie, restaurant, food item, or anything else that’s put a smile on my face over the week.